- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Penny (Casey Wilson) will not be heartbroken over Dave (Zach Knighton) for very long when Happy Ending returns in October.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the ABC comedy just booked Nick Zano to play the serial-dating single’s new love interest for at least six episodes.
Zano comes to Happy Endings after a string of recurring appearances on 2 Broke Girls, 90210 and Cougar Town. He also starred in the ABC pilot Prairie Dogs and has been in episodes of Drop Dead Diva and The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
PHOTOS: Broadcast TV’s Returning Shows for 2012-13 Season
He’ll make his first appearance in episode five of Happy Endings‘ new season, playing Pete, a new beau who Penny thinks she might be too good for.
The series finished off its sophomore run with Penny ready to admit her feelings for Dave, when he suddenly rekindled his romance with former fiancee Alex (Elisha Cuthbert). Penny ended the finale with another live interest lined up in Chris (Brian Austin Green).
Zano is repped by ICM Partners and John Carrabino Management.
Happy Endings makes the move from Wednesday to Tuesday at 9 p.m. this fall, starting Oct. 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day