- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu is ordering more Harlots.
The streaming service has renewed the brothel drama for a second season, it was announced Thursday at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour. The series, which stars Samantha Morton, Lesley Manville and Jessica Brown Findlay. will return for season two in 2018.
Set against the backdrop of 18th century Georgian London, Harlots follows the Wells family, led by matriarch Margaret (Morton). When her daughter Charlotte (Findlay) places herself in the home of arch-rival bawd Lydia Quigley (Manville), their toxic and deep-seated rivalry is taken to a dangerous new level.
Inspired by the stories of real women, Harlots is a family drama as explored from the female perspective. The show hails from Moira Buffini, Alison Newman, Alison Owen, Debra Hayward and Alison Carpenter, with Coky Giedroyc returning as lead director and Grainne Marmion producing.
Written by playwright-screenwriter Buffini (Jane Eyre), the drama is based on an original idea by Buffini and Newman. Harlots was the first series commissioned by Monumental Pictures, the independent company founded by Oscar-nominated producers Owen (Suffragette) and Hayward (Bridget Jones’s Baby).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day