- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lifetime’s Unreal has found one of its reality show contestants.
Harry Potter alum Freddie Stroma has joined the drama pilot inspired by Sarah Gertrude Shapiro’s short Sequin Raze. Additionally, Pretty Little Liars director Roger Kumble has boarded the production and will helm the pilot.
Unreal goes behind the scenes of a hit competition dating series to follow the experiences of a young staffer (Life Unexpected‘s Shiri Appleby) whose lone job is to manipulate the relationships with (and among) the contestants in order to get the vital dramatic and outrageous footage producers demand.
Stroma will play Adam, the bachelor on the competition dating show at the center of Unreal. He’s described as all-American, smart and a wealthy heir to a hotel empire. In addition to playing Cormac in the Harry Potter features, Stroma’s credits also include Pitch Perfect and the upcoming feature The Visitors. He’s repped by Gersh and Industry.
For his part, Kumble’s credits also include directing Twisted, Suits, Revenge and Ringer. He’s repped by UTA and 3 Arts.
Marti Noxon and Shapiro penned the pilot. Noxon will exec produce, with Shapiro producing. Sally DeSipito and Bill Davenport will EP for Wieden+Kennedy Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day