- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Hart of Dixie is dipping into the Dexter casting well.
The CW medical drama led by Rachel Bilson has recruited Josh Cooke, who recurred on the Showtime series as Louis Greene, for season three, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Cooke will recur as Joel, a New Yorker who finds himself a fish out of water in Bluebell. His first appearance will be in the season premiere.
PHOTOS: The CW’s 2013-14 Season: ‘The Originals,’ ‘Tomorrow People’ and ‘Reign’
Hart of Dixie ended season two with Dr. Zoe Hart (Bilson) on her way to New York City to attend a friend’s wedding after deciding to put things with Wade (Wilson Bethel) on the back burner and remaining indecisive over George (Scott Porter). Lemon’s cousin, Jonah (Travis Van Winkle), was seen offering to escort Zoe to the wedding.
Cooke, repped by Gersh and Untitled Entertainment, starred in ABC’s Better With You and executive produced the Crackle series Issues. He appears next in 2014’s A Bet’s a Bet with Kristin Chenoweth.
Hart of Dixie returns Oct. 7 at 8 p.m. on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day