- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dr. Zoe Hart’s newest gal pal isn’t returning to BlueBell alone.
When Ruby Jeffries (played by Girlfriends alum Golden Brooks) comes back to town, she’ll be bringing her surly grandfather with her in the form of Night Court funnyman Charlie Robinson, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The veteran actor, whose credits include everything from St. Elsewhere to The Secret Life of the American Teenager,has booked a recurring role as Sgt. Jeffries.
Brooks was cast earlier this month as Ruby, a successful woman with acerbic wit who returns to BlueBell and makes quick friends with Rachel Bilson‘s Zoe. However, upon her return home, Ruby will encounter some unresolved issues with her fellow townspeople — including Lemon (Jaime King) and Lavon (Cress Williams).
Robinson is repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency and Tufeld Entertainment Group. He co-starred on Night Court as Mac from 1984-1992.
Hart of Dixie premieres Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. on the CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day