- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney is taking a page out of Gabrielle Douglas’ book.
The gold-medal athlete will guest star on the CW’s medical drama Hart of Dixie — and like Douglas, who is appearing on an episode of the net’s Vampire Diaries, she won’t be playing herself, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Maroney will join the Bluebell fray as Tonya, a friend of Rose’s (McKaley Miller), who comes to her defense during a heated moment. She will film the guest spot Wednesday in Los Angeles.
Hart of Dixie centers on a big city doctor who makes the move to a small town, quickly discovering that there’s more to the South than meets the eye.
Maroney and her teammates have been on a roll as of late. Affectionally called the “Fierce Five,” they have appeared on the MTV Video Music Awards and CBS‘ Big Brother following their Olympic accomplishments. Douglas recently filmed a guest spot in Atlanta on the Vampire Diaries, which she called her favorite show.
Hart of Dixie returns for season two Oct. 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day