- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For better or worse, the Hasselhoffs are no Kardashians.
The premiere of David Hasselhoff’s new A&E reality show disappointed in the ratings Sunday night.
The 10 p.m. deubt of Hasselhoffs delivered only 718,000 viewers, with the audience shrinking considerably for the second half-hour episode at 10:30 p.m., with 505,000 viewers.
By comparison, A&E’s most recent reality series debut, Storage Wars, drew 2 million viewers. Must be a tad tough on The Hoff’s ego to get trumped by a show about storage units.
Hasselhoffs drew somewhat negative reviews from critics, too — with pans from the Washington Post (“dull and transparently desperate”) and LA Times.
Meanwhile, over in Palin Country, TLC’s Sarah Palin’s Alaska reversed course after last week’s abrupt post-holiday rise.
The latest episode fell 20% to 2.8 million viewers, setting a new low. That’s still a strong number for TLC, though, and ratings should perk up for next week’s visit from Kate Gosselin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day