- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS’ “Hawaii Five-0” reboot is the most DVR’d television show of all time.
According to Nielsen ratings released Monday for premiere week of the current TV season, the hourlong action drama starring Alex O’Loughlin added 3.37 million DVR viewers within a week of its Sept. 20 airing — an industry record, the Washington Post reports.
When tacked on to the 14.21 million viewers who watched the “Hawaii Five-0” premiere live, the freshman CBS drama drew 17.59 million in total viewership for that episode.
“The Mentalist” previously held the record from last October, when an episode tacked on 3.16 million DVR viewers.
NBC’s “The Event” was the second-most DVR’d new show during premiere week, adding 2.6 million viewers.
Another CBS freshman drama followed: “Blue Bloods” (+2.2 million). “Hawaii Five-0” was followed by returning shows on the top DVR’d list: “The Mentalist” (+3.2 million), “Grey’s Anatomy” (+3 imllion), “Modern Family” (+2.8 million) and “House” (+2.6 million).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day