- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeff Nathanson and Gavin Polone are bringing their own brand of sports dramedy to HBO.
The duo has sold a pitch for an untitled hourlong project that would offer viewers an unflinching behind-the-scenes look at a professional basketball team. The dramedy would feature the money, sex, power and temptation that often accompany the world of pro sports, both for its millionaire players and billionaire owners.
Nathanson, best known for penning such films as Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal and the Rush Hour series, will write, executive produce and direct the project. Polone, who counts HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, Tell Me You Love Me and Cinema Verite among his many credits, will executive produce.
Nathanson, who is prepping DreamWorks’ 39 Clues, and Polone, who is currently producing Columbia Pictures’ Premium Rush, are both repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy