- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bored to Death, which originally aired Sundays, opened its third season drawing only 240,000 total viewers to its premiere telecast at 10 p.m. with no lead-in this time around. Last season, Death opened to 1.1 million viewers following Boardwalk Empire.
That didn’t help the series debut of Enlightened, starring Laura Dern, Diane Ladd and Luke Wilson, which averaged just 210,000 total viewers at 10:30 p.m.
The Hollywood Reporter‘s Tim Goodman said of Enlightened, which revolves around a self-destructive woman (Dern): “With its offbeat sense of humor and unwillingness to be just funny when there are so many other emotions to explore, Enlightened feels like it was pitched as a comedy then tapped into those little, personal and private moments people have when they don’t fit in — or even feel like they have a purpose — then got shot and directed like an indie film.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day