- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starring Thomas Jane as a male prostitute, the Hung season closer collected 930,000 viewers at 10 p.m. Sunday, down considerably from the 2.31 million viewers who tuned in for the show’s Season 2 finale and down from the 2.9 million for the first year closer.
Adding the 247,000 who tuned in to an encore airing at midnight, the finale drew a total of 1.2 million. Season-to-date, Hung is averaging 4 million viewers per week, including linear plays, DVR and HBO On Demand figures.
HBO has yet to make a decision on whether or not the series, co-starring Anne Heche and Jane Adams, will return for a fourth season.
Meanwhile, Boardwalk Empire‘s penultimate episode at 9 p.m. delivered a season high of 3 million viewers, just edging out the third season opener (2.9 million). The 11 p.m. encore added 600,000 viewers to the premiere night viewership total to 3.6 million.
In the episode, Jimmy’s (Michael Pitt) backstory was revealed, which included the revelation that he had an incestuous relationship with his mother (Gretchen Mol).
It has been a busy few weeks for Boardwalk Empire. Steve Buscemi had a hosting stint on NBC’s Saturday Night Live and the period drama was renewed for a third season in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day