- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
By Nellie Andreeva
HBO has picked up “Bored to Death” for a second season.
The news comes on the heels of a series high for the offbeatfreshman comedy this past Sunday.
Following the episode of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” in which the cast of”Seinfeld” reunited with the show’s co-creator Larry David, thethird installment of “Bored to Death” nabbed its largest audienceto date, 1.1 million viewers, up 51% from last week. (The totalgrew to 1.5 for the two Sunday airings of the show combined.)
Meanwhile, the series’ pilot episode has cumed 4.1 million viewersplus an extra 500,000 from its free previews on digitalplatforms.
“Bored to Death” stars Jason Schwartzman as a mentally blockedwriter-turned-private investigator.
Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis co-star in the single-cameracomedy executive produced by creator Jonathan Ames, Sarah Condon,Stephanie Davis, Dave Becky and Troy Miller.
“Bored to Death” is the third new HBO series to premiere this year,after comedies “Eastbound & Down” and “Hung.” All three earneda quick renewal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day