- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Because of the NFL’s expedited timetable this month, it made it impractical for any professional football team to commit to the docu-series. Hard Knocks will return, however, in 2012.
In place of a season, a 90-minute special episode with footage from previous seasons will air Wednesday, Aug. 31 at 10 p.m. on HBO. The special will feature moments from memorable seasons featuring the Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys and the New York Jets, which were featured last year, just to name a few.
“We know football fans are hungry for compelling NFL programming and we think they’ll love the 10th anniversary special,” said Rick Bernstein, executive producer at HBO Sports.
“The first 10 years of Hard Knocks has been the ultimate fly-on-the-wall NFL training camp experience. We look forward to taking a look back at those shows and reintroducing the fans to those characters who made the decade of Hard Knocks so memorable,” said Steve Sabol, president of NFL Films.
The NFL lockout ended on Monday when players and owners agreed to a 10-year collective bargaining agreement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day