- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HBO’s gay dramedy Looking now has a full-length trailer.
The new trailer opens with Patrick (Glee’s Jonathan Groff) having high hopes for his new life in a brand-new city: “It’s San Francisco. It shouldn’t be so hard to meet cool people in this town.”
VIDEO: HBO’s New ‘Looking’ Trailer: Jonathan Groff Searches for Love in S.F.
It dives deeper into Patrick’s idealistic view of finding love in the City by the Bay, with him attempting to find his soulmate via dating websites and Instagram filters. From the looks of things, it seems Patrick — who’s had one long-term boyfriend his entire life, it’s revealed in the trailer — may be finding love.
There’s also more divulged about Dom (Murray Bartlett), still struggling to find his identity at 40 after waiting tables for more than eight years. “God I’m such a cliche,” he says at one point, unimpressed with his life.
The trailer, set to St. Lucia’s “All Eyes on You,” also features different parts of San Francisco, with shots of Ocean Beach and its steep hills.
Watch the new trailer below.
Looking premieres Sunday, Jan. 19, at 10:30 p.m. on HBO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day