- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This time, there’s actual footage and dialogue. The 30-second spot, which debuted Thursday evening, kicks off with Patrick (Jonathan Groff) questioning why it’s so wrong for young people to have “a life outside of work.” His answer brings up the long-running Northern California versus Southern California debate.
“This is San Francisco; that’s why I live here. If I didn’t want to have a life, I’d move to L.A.” Touche.
The spot sets up the premise, chronicling Patrick’s search for a roommate — on dating service OKCupid — as he makes his mark in the City by the Bay. The new trailer also introduces other potential storylines and conflicts, including a man going through a mid-life crisis at 40, open relationships and searching for “someone who understands you.”
As Patrick says at the end, “That’s not easy to find.”
Watch the new trailer below.
Looking premieres Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:30 p.m. on HBO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day