- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HBO and AMC have filled key roles in two upcoming drama pilots.
Actress Mercedes Masohn (“Three Rivers,” “The Law”) has joined the cast of HBO’s modern-day noir “All Signs of Death” as a female lead, while Ben Esler has landed a series regular role in AMC’s Western “Hell on Wheels.”
Masohn plays “Soledad,” a femme fatal who gets Ben Wishaw’s body clean-up crew protagonist in a whole mess of trouble.
In “Wheels” Esler (“The Pacific”) is Sean, an Irish immigrant who opens a show for railroad workers.
“Death” is from “True Blood” producer Alan Ball and is based on the novel “The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death.” “Wheels” is about a former Confederate soldier tracking down Union soldiers who killed his wife and winds up working on the railroad.
Also filling out the “All Signs of Death” cast: Clayne Crawford (“Chev”), Ron Yuan (“Po Sin”), Jeremy Ray Valdez (“Jaime”), Mahershalalhashbaz Ali (“Gabe”) and Kelsey Ford (“Dot”).
Masohn is repped by Greene & Associates and Luber/Roklin; Esler is repped by Fortitude and Industry Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day