- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Modern Family isn’t technically over yet and there’s already a reunion.
Eric Stonestreet is subbing for judge Heidi Klum during the Wednesday taping of NBC’s America’s Got Talent, where he will sit alongside his Modern Family co-star (and new AGT judge) Sofia Vergara.
This is taping No. 2 that Klum has missed. The judge, who returned to the series after taking leave during its most recent cycle, left the set on Tuesday with what’s been described as a common cold. Of course, anxiety is running high with the spread of the coronavirus. And while some live tapings are ditching studio audiences, AGT is thus far pressing on.
Guest judges are common on the competition show. And while Klum’s chair was empty during the Tuesday taping, Stonestreet’s Wednesday appearance sees him joining Vergara, Simon Cowell, Howie Mandel and host Terry Crews.
Stonestreet and Vergara recently wrapped production on the eleventh and final season of the ABC sitcom Modern Family.
Coronavirus is quickly proving to have a significant impact on live TV production. Game shows such as Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, daytime talk shows and late-night telecasts are all going audience-free, and CBS has delayed production on the upcoming cycle of Survivor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day