- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Academy Award-and-Emmy-winning actress Helen Hunt is joining CBS’ family.
The actress-director has been tapped to direct an upcoming episode of the network’s freshman family comedy Life in Pieces, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The episode, which has yet to be scheduled, will see Brenda Song (Scandal, New Girl) guest star and play Bonnie, Matt’s hot-mess of an ex-wife who returns home to stir up trouble.
The installment will also see Martin Mull reprise his role as Gary, a recent widower and neighbor of the Short family who first appears in the upcoming Thanksgiving episode. (Fun fact: The actor’s daughter, Maggie Mull, is a writer on the rookie comedy.)
Life in Pieces marks the latest small-screen directing gig for As Good As It Gets Oscar winner Hunt. Her previous behind the scenes work includes two episodes of ABC’s Revenge, Showtime’s Californication and multiple episodes of Mad About You, on which which she won for lead actress Emmys.
Life in Pieces, which recently scored a full-season pickup at CBS, moves to its new night this week on Thursdays in the prime post-Big Bang Theory slot at 8:30 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day