- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
La Toya Jackson and her famous family are coming to the OWN Network as the cable network beefs up its original programming entries, ordering three new unscripted series.
In addition, AMC has dropped the first official trailer for Season 2 of Western drama Hell on Wheels and Investigation Discovery has unveiled Days of Our Knives, a new daytime programming block set to launch this month.
Here’s more of what’s happening in cable news Thursday:
• OWN has announced three new unscripted series for 2013.
Life With La Toya will revolve around the singer-songwriter and her famous family, friends and growing entertainment business. The series hails from World of Wonder Productions and will be executive produced by Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato, Tom Campbell and Jeremy Simmons with Ja-Tail Television, Jackson, Jeffré Phillips and Charles Cook.
The Customer is Always Right will see large companies turn to their customers for feedback and new ideas as two are tapped to head the firm for a week. The two winners will walk away with a $10,000 prize from the Katalyst series, which is executive produced by Jason Goldberg and Jenelle Lindsay.
Neighborvention will focus on a family in crisis that opens its doors to give a helping hand to those in their neighborhood in a bid to unite communities. OWN and Studio Lambert’s Stephen Lambert, Eli Holzman and Domini Hofmann will produce.
• AMC has released the first few minutes from the Season 2 premiere of Western drama Hell on Wheels. The Anson Mount and Common starrer returns Sunday, Aug. 12 at 9 p.m.
• Investigation Discovery will premiere its new daytime programming block Days of Our Knives on Monday, Aug. 20 from 1-4 p.m. The lineup will feature soap stars hosting themed programming each day as part of themed weeks. On tap to host so far include Robert Newman, Kim Zimmer, Lynn Herring, Jacklyn Zeman, Judi Evans, Drake Hogestyn, Kristian Alfonso, Matt Ashford, Kim Shriner, Laurence Lau, Alicia Minshew, Austin Peck and Terri Conn. As part of the block, Investigation Discovery will premiere a 10-minute first-look at Susan Lucci’s new series, Deadly Affairs, on Monday, Sept. 3 at 1 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day