- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Herman Cain kept his promise to appear on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live on Monday night, only hours after a fourth woman came forward to accuse make sexual harassment allegations against the Republican presidential candidate.
In the interview — which alternated between humorous and serious — Cain continued to deny the accusations in the wake of Sharon Bialek’s press conference with attorney Gloria Allred during which Bialek urged Cain to “just admit what you did, admit that you were inappropriate to people.”
She accused him of putting “his hand on my leg, under my skirt and reached for my genitals. He also grabbed my head and brought it toward his crotch.”
Cain said he watched the press conference.
“We watched it because we didn’t even know that this whole thing about Woman No. 4 was going to even come out, so that was a surprise,” he said, as reported by Politico. “At least it wasn’t one of the many that have the first name anonymous so now this one actually had a name and a face so we watched to see what it was and who it was and we are dealing with it and tomorrow we’re going to have a press conference. Oh, yeah, we are going to have a press conference. We’re taking this head on.”
Cain added that his wife, Gloria, also watched the press conference, and he called her immediately afterward with “steam coming out of my ears” and called Bialek’s account “totally fabricated.”
“I was listening very closely and then when it was all over with, I said, well I know what we got to do because there’s not an ounce of truth in all of these accusations and my team is putting this stuff together,” he said. “That is why I’m willing to do a press conference tomorrow to set the record straight.”
Cain, who recently said he was through talking about the allegations, explained that he will continue to address any new “firestorms” that pop up.
“I will talk about any and all future firestorms because here’s one thing people know about Herman Cain: I’m in it to win it and I’m not going to be discouraged,” he said.
Bialek is the fourth woman in a week to come forward alleging inappropriate behavior on Cain’s part.
Politico reported last week that two women alleged harassment against Cain while he was president of the National Restaurant Assn. in the 1990s. Those women reportedly signed agreements with the group that gave them financial payouts to leave their jobs and also prevents them from talking about the situation.
A third former employee came forward Wednesday, saying she considered filing a workplace complaint over what she considered aggressive and unwanted behavior by Cain in the 1990s. She said the behavior included a private invitation to his corporate apartment.
Meanwhile, Cain’s wife was scheduled to appear on Fox News’ On the Record With Greta Van Susteren on Friday night, but canceled the night before. She has intentionally kept a low profile throughout the campaign.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day