- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Heroes alum Masi Oka is returning for the network’s sequel.
NBC announced the 13-episode Heroes Reborn last year for a fall 2015 debut. Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the limited series from Heroes creator Tim Kring will be a follow-up with a new story and set of characters, though sources tell THR it’s rumored to take place after the events of the original.
See more The Faces of Pilot Season 2015
Oka will reprise his Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated role as Hiro Nakamura for a guest-starring arc on Heroes Reborn, becoming the second original castmember to return for Reborn. He joins original star Jack Coleman as well as newcomers to the franchise including Zachary Levi (Chuck), Ryan Guzman (The Boy Next Door), Robbie Kay (Once Upon a Time), Danika Yarosh (Shameless), Judith Shekoni (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2), Kiki Sukezane (Death Yankee 3), Henry Zebrowski (A to Z) and Gatlin Green (Criminal Minds). Zachary Quinto will not be back.
Produced by Imperative Entertainment and Universal Television, the series will debut in the fall.
For Oka, the role comes in addition to his gig on CBS’ Hawaii Five-O. He’s repped by UTA, Luber Roklin and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day