- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following the blockbuster success of its miniseries Hatfields & McCoys, History is hoping to score again with the scripted drama Vikings.
Created by Michael Hirst and starring Gabriel Byrne, Travis Fimmel and Jessalyn Gilsig, the nine-part series will kick off at 10 p.m. Sunday, March 3. History also has unveiled the first 30-second trailer for Vikings — with the declaration that “A storm is coming” — offering viewers a glimpse of the tense, bloody, rough-and-tumble action.
Vikings centers on the world of the Dark Age raiders, traders and explorers — not from an outsider’s view but through the eyes of the Viking society. The drama follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok (Fimmel), a curious, compelling man always looking to break through barriers and discover new worlds to conquer who is deeply frustrated by the unadventurous policies of local chieftain Earl Haraldson (Byrne).
Gustaf Skarsgard, Katheryn Winnick, George Blagden and Clive Standen co-star in the network’s latest scripted effort.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
RuPaul's Drag Race
The Umbrella Academy