- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Homeland‘s Virgil has a creepy new role.
David Marciano, the actor who plays Carrie’s go-to surveillance guy on Showtime’s Homeland, will guest star on Law & Order: SVU‘s upcoming “legitimate rape” episode, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
STORY: ‘Walking Dead’ Actress to Guest Star in ‘Law & Order: SVU’s’ ‘Legitimate Rape’ Episode (Exclusive)
In the episode, set for late March, Marciano will play Rick Purcell, a cameraman charged with rape. He’ll play opposite The Walking Dead‘s Lauren Cohan, who will play Avery Jordan, a sports reporter who accuses Purcell of raping her. When she learns she’s pregnant from the encounter, she opts to keep the baby.
The episode will focus on the controversy that erupted last year when Senate candidate Todd Akin, R-Miss., said that pregnancy rarely occurs as the result of what he called “legitimate rape.” (Akin later issued an apology for his remarks but lost the election.)
In addition to Homeland, Marciano’s credits also include Frankie Go Boom, The Shield and episodes of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Lie to Me. He’s repped by Frontline Management.
Law & Order: SVU airs at 9 p.m. Wednesdays on NBC.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day