- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Homeland is getting a supersized return.
Though the Showtime drama isn’t getting a full two-hour episode for its season premiere, it will return with two back-to-back episodes on Oct. 5. That’s also good news for incoming drama The Affair. The series is bowing on Oct. 12, earlier than originally anticipated.
“In the aftermath of Homeland’s stunning finale last season, there is such strong anticipation for the start of season four that we wanted to give Homeland fans an extra generous helping of Carrie and company,” said network exec vp originals Gary Levine. “Once we decided to premiere Homeland with a double episode, it made sense to use the momentum of that event to launch our newest series, The Affair, the very next week on October 12.”
Homeland has been beefing up its cast since the departure of lead Damian Lewis and recently released its first trailer. Showrunner Alex Gansa has promised a lucid Carrie (Claire Danes) — after several seasons of her suffereing with mental illness — being the focus of the first batch of episodes.
The Fox 21 project has also shifted production to South Africa, where Cape Town is subbing for Pakistan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day