- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carrie Mathison is back in America on the upcoming sixth season of Homeland, but she’s not exactly getting a warm welcome home.
On Friday, Showtime revealed the first footage from the new season of the Emmy-winning drama, which returns Jan. 15 after an extended hiatus.
The footage offers glimpses at several new faces, but it’s the confrontations between Carrie (Claire Danes) and Dar Adal (F. Murray Abraham) that pack the biggest punch.
“I don’t think you understand how vulnerable you are,” he tells her in the teaser. “I don’t think you do,” she quickly responds.
The upcoming season, which was shot in New York, picks up months after the events of season five, with Carrie now living in Brooklyn. Season six will tackle the aftermath of the U.S. presidential election, with the entire season spanning the time between Election Day and the inauguration.The halls of government are filled with anxiety and conflicting interests, as a very fragile and complicated transfer of power takes place between the outgoing president and the incoming president-elect.
Homeland returns Sunday, Jan. 15, at 9 p.m. on Showtime.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day