- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Homeland‘s seventh season is on the horizon. The drama returns to Showtime on Feb. 11 — and, based on the first trailer, it’s attempting to be as timely as ever.
Events pick up after the sixth-season finale, where a President-elect played by Elizabeth Marvel was nearly assassinated and revealed to be something of a shady character. Carrie (Claire Daines) is on the outside, investigating White House corruption, while Saul (Mandy Patinkin) makes the surprise jump from federal prison to Oval Office adviser. The right-wing conspiracy theorist, Homeland‘s spin on Alex Jones played by Brett O’Keefe, also appears to be involved in some kind of militia. There’s a lot to digest.
It also looks like Homeland producers are still ignoring the plea of some disgruntled fans, who launched an unrealistic campaign to bring back Rupert Friend’s killed-off character earlier this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day