- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Homeland is keeping things in the family for its latest cast addition. The Showtime drama has tapped Hugh Dancy, husband to star Claire Danes, for a multi-episode arc in the upcoming eighth and final season.
Dancy, one of several new faces for the final season, will play John Zabel — a beltway consultant who joins the new White House as a foreign policy adviser to the president and butts heads with Mandy Patinkin’s Saul Berenson along the way. The final season of Homeland catches up with Danes’ Carrie Mathison recovering from months of confinement in a Russian gulag. Memory issues from the tortures she’s suffered prove problematic for Saul, who calls on her to engage the Taliban in peace negotiations.
As for Dancy, he comes to Homeland after three-season runs on dramas The Path and Hannibal. He also appears in the upcoming Mindy Kaling feature Late Night.
Production has already begun on Homeland, which will bow later than normal for this final run. The series is set to return later in 2019.
Dancy is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Rachel Brosnahan on the Legacy ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Leaves Behind: “Stories Being Told About Women, by Women”
The Kelly Clarkson Show
Kelly Clarkson Says Daytime Show Move to New York Was “100 Percent” Her Decision
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing: Sadie Stanley Digs Into Y2K Murder Mystery in ‘Cruel Summer’ Season 2