- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Homeland is starting to fill some holes in its cast.
The Showtime drama, which saw stars Damian Lewis, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor all lose regular status at the end of last season, has promoted Nazanin Boniadi.
She will reprise the role of Fara Sherazi during the 20th Century Fox TV-produced thriller’s fourth season as a series regular. Boniadi first appeared in the third season, playing a strong-willed Muslim CIA analyst taken under Saul’s (Mandy Patinkin) wing while Carrie (Claire Danes) was working outside of the agency. The new season finds Fara in a key role working for Carrie at the CIA.
Showrunner Alex Gansa was optimistic about Boniadi’s future on the series when he spoke with The Hollywood Reporter in December. “These are characters we got to explore and enrich and see whether or not the show can withstand Brody’s absence,” said Gansa, referring to Boniadi and fellow guest Tracy Letts. “I think they raised their game and made the show vital without that central character onstage.”
Boniadi has kept very busy during her break from Homeland. She’s currently appearing in an eight-episode arc on Scandal and recently reprised her former role on How I Met Your Mother for the series’ final season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day