- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marin Ireland is going from one buzzy series to another.
The actress, who recently wrapped a recurring role on Showtime’s Emmy darling Homeland, has joined Fox’s highly anticipated Kevin Williamson drama The Following, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The psychological thriller centers on an Edgar Allan Poe scholar (James Purefoy)-turned-serial killer and stars Kevin Bacon as a damaged FBI agent on the case to recapture the killer and his army of copycats.
Ireland will play Amanda, a sweet and simple-minded but fragile woman and will first appear in episode 109, with the potential to recur on the series.
In addition to Homeland, Ireland’s recent credits also include Starz’s Boss and AMC’s The Killing. She also co-stars in the AMC drama pilot from Richard LaGravenese and Tony Goldwyn as an attorney opposite Paul Schneider.
Ireland is repped by ICM Partners and Brookside Artist Management.
The Following premieres Monday, Jan. 21 at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day