- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Perhaps we spoke too soon.
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC’s controversial reality show about a self-proclaimed “redneck” family and their Toddlers and Tiaras daughter, hit another ratings high Wednesday night.
The fourth episode of Honey Boo Boo pulled in just shy of 3 million viewers at 10 p.m., according to Nielsen overnight ratings, growing 30 percent from last week’s 2.3 million haul.
In the demo, Honey Boo Boo did even better. The half-hour series’ showing among adults 18-49 bested all other cable outings for the night — including coverage of the Republican National Convention — to pull a 1.3 rating.
Fox News gave the show its closest competition with a 1.2 adults rating in the same time period. On the broadcast networks, Honey Boo Boo bested ABC and CBS’ demo showing for the RNC combined and topped NBC by two-tenths of a point. Aggregate coverage of the RNC across networks obviously eclipsed Honey Boo Boo considerably.
What’s more, the series is obliterating its parent series lead-in. Toddlers and Tiaras drew only 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 rating among adults 18-49 at 9 p.m. That’s less than the 10:30 encore episode of Honey Boo Boo, which pulled in 1.8 million and a 0.8 adults rating.
Honey Boo Boo premiered to 2.2 million viewers earlier in August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day