- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) signed exclusive content deals with FremantleMedia, South Korea’s CJ Entertainment & Media Corporation and France’s Fighting Spirit for programming to run on its action channel KIX and all CTE channels in Asia.
CTE inked a multi-year output deal for mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion Bellator Fighting Championships, the sixth season of which, distributed by FremantleMedia Enterprises, will premiere in May on KIX across Asia.
From France’s Fighting Spirit, CTE signed an exclusive output deal for global championship kickboxing tournament It’s Showtime. KIX has expanded its programming from action films to include martial arts and combat programs, which currently includes Japan’s worldwide promotion K-1, the US-based MMA promotion Strikeforce, and MMA combat program Dream.
CTE also closed an exclusive volume deal with South Korea’s CJ E&M Corporation for its channels in Asia, including cable series Blood Thirsty Prosecutor, starring Yun Jung-hoon (My Wife is a Gangster); drama Hero with actor Yang Dong-gun; crime series Quiz from God starring Ryu Duk-hwan, and mini-series Girl Killer K starring up-and-coming actress Han Groo as a female assassin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day