- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hot in Cleveland, which won an award at Wednesday’s People’s Choice Awards, has been a regular ratings performer for the cable network hovering around 1.8 million total viewers in its third season. That is well below the series debut, which lured 4.8 million in June 2010.
The timing could not be more appropriate: Betty White‘s 90th birthday special on NBC will air Monday and her hidden-camera series Off Their Rockers will also be previewed.
The untitled Hot in Cleveland spinoff stars Cedric the Entertainer as Rev. Boyce and was co-written by Cedric and Cleveland creator Suzanne Martin. TV Land ordered a pilot last year after the concept originated in episodes of the flagship series.
“Cedric is hilarious and I’m so happy to do this show with him,” said Martin in April. “We are going to have a lot of fun developing and exploring his role as a minister.”
Martin serves as an executive producer on the show, along with Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner.
Cleveland co-stars Valerie Bertinelli, Wendie Malick and Jane Leeves.
TV Land has been expanding its original programming with comedies like The Exes and Happily Divorced.
TV Land could not be reached for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day