- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
House of Cards fans (almost) got an early Valentine’s Day gift when season three of the drama mysteriously appeared on Netflix.
The mistake was quickly corrected, but not before The Hollywood Reporter got a look at the first episode. Season three finds Frank (Kevin Spacey) and Claire (Robin Wright) ruling the White House, but with plenty of schemes to further their power.
Below are 10 of the most salacious quotes from the season three premiere, which begins streaming on Feb. 27.
10. “Don’t be gentle.” — (Spoiler) to a prostitute
This racy scene involves an unexpected character.
9. “I’ll tell you this though, Pop. When they bury me, it won’t be in my backyard. And when they pay their respects, they’ll have to wait in line.” — Frank
There’s no love lost between Frank and his old man. In episode one, he urinates on the grave of Calvin T. Underwood (1935-1978), gloating that his burial place will be far more important than his late father’s. (H/T to Mashable for GIF.)
8. “Any idea where she is, because it’s important that we find her.” — Claire
Last season, Rachel Posner (Rachel Brosnahan) attempted to kill Doug (Michael Kelly). Claire knows it’s imperative that the Underwoods find her, as she’s the only person who could implicate Frank in Peter Russo’s (Corey Stoll) death.
7. “Your work so far is toothless.” — Frank
Frank excoriates his staff, unhappy with their methods. There is sure to be plenty where that came from.
6. “We have to do the things people won’t like.” — Frank
If that doesn’t give House of Cards fans chills, nothing will.
5. “We agreed to this before we ever set foot in this house. How am I supposed to run for office if I don’t have a legitimate track record?” — Claire to Frank
Yes, Claire has her sights set on public office. After all, that whole water charity nonprofit didn’t exactly work out.
4. “I’m almost 50 years old. I’ve been in the passenger seat for decades.” — Claire to Frank
Claire is showing signs that she’s ready for the spotlight.
3. “I should have taken care of it when I had the chance. They haven’t found her yet. But when they do, I’ll make sure that no one else does.” — (Spoiler) to Frank
We won’t say who, but fans may be surprised who is at the other end of this exchange.
2. “You have to respect your own mortality.” — Frank to (spoiler)
If Frank ever talks to you about your own mortality, run. If he mentions your mortality near a subway, run faster.
1. “I will not be a placeholder president, Claire. I will win and I will leave a legacy.” — Frank to Claire
It’s no surprise, but he’s got an eye on the election. It will be interesting because, for the first time in the series, Frank will have to win over voters.
Watch the full 13-episode season on Netflix on Feb. 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy