- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Logan director James Mangold is helming the feature, which will shoot this summer in Los Angeles. Chernin Entertainment is producing.
Sparks, who is also set to star in the upcoming Starz drama Sweetbitter, recently had roles in the drama thriller Thoroughbreds and on the Paramount Network limited series Waco, and he guest-starred on the Netflix series The Crown.
The Ford v. Ferrari project revolves around car manufacturer Ford’s quest to beat Ferrari as the top maker of race cars. Damon will play Carol Shelby, the eccentric engineer who designs from scratch the Ford GT 40, the car that just may win the 1966 Le Mans race, while Bale will portray Ken Miles, the hotshot British racer who drives it.
Jez Butterworth and John Henry Butterworth (Edge of Tomorrow, Black Mass) wrote the script. Steve Asbell is overseeing for Fox.
Sparks is repped by One Entertainment and Gersh.
June 28, 14:30 Story is updated to indicate Paul Sparks is negotiating to possibly join the Ford vs. Ferrari project, and has not yet signed a deal, as earlier indicated.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day