- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Doubt, which Shore will write and executive produce, revolves around a former cop who uses his street smarts as a low-rent lawyer in order to work the system for his clients while he battles his inner demons and attempts to rekindle his relationship with his ex-wife. The project landed a pilot production commitment at the network in September.
Shore’s legal drama marks his first project with Sony Pictures Television, where he signed a rich three-year overall deal in June following an eight-year run with Universal Television.
The drama marks his follow-up to House and the second pilot this season from an exec producer on the Hugh Laurie starrer. Exec producer Katie Jacobs also has a legal drama I Am Victor set up at NBC, based on author Jo Nesbo‘s upcoming book about a divorce attorney with a unique view of relationships. House writer Pamela Davis has terrorism drama Double Felix in development at ABC.
For ABC, Doubt marks the network’s fifth drama pilot order this season, joining Joss Whedon‘s S.H.I.E.L.D., among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day