- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The streaming and mail-in rental service announced Thursday that all 13 episodes of the Kevin Spacey starrer will be ready for subscribers on Feb. 1.
Produced by David Fincher, who also directed the first two episodes, House of Cards follows Lilyhammer in Netflix’s ongoing push for original content. A total of 26 episodes have been ordered.
“House of Cards combines the best of filmmaking with the best of television,” said Netflix CCO Ted Sarandos. “Beau Willimon’s compelling narrative, David Fincher’s unparalleled craftsmanship, indelible performances by Kevin Spacey and the rest of the cast unite to create a gripping story and new kind of viewing experience for Netflix members… In offering the entire season at once, Netflix is giving viewers complete control over how and when they watch the show.”
House of Cards, a political drama from producers Media Rights Capital and based on a BBC miniseries of the same name, also stars Robin Wright and Kate Mara.
The second season is scheduled to begin production this spring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day