- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
How I Met Your Father has found a new writer.
You’re the Worst scribe Alison Bennett has been tapped to write a new take on the How I Met Your Mother spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Bennett’s script will mark 20th TV’s third take on a potential offshoot of the long-running CBS comedy since it went off the air in 2014. The first, How I Met Your Dad, hailed from HIMYM co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, along with former SNL writer Emily Spivey. The project went to pilot, with Greta Gerwig in the starring role and Meg Ryan tapped to narrate. However, the project was shockingly not picked up to series at CBS.
More recently, This Is Us writers Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger wrote a new version that came with a slightly modified title: How I Met Your Father.
However, the project did not move forward, and the duo have since moved up to co-showrunners on the hit NBC family drama along with creator Dan Fogelman.
Bennett inked an overall deal with 20th TV in April, following her success on the Fox 21-produced You’re the Worst. She served as a co-producer on the show’s most recent season and as an executive story editor on the Hulu animated comedy The Awesomes before that.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day