- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Looks like Ted’s (Josh Radnor) love life is getting complicated again on How I Met Your Mother.
After Monday’s premiere in which his ex-girlfriend Victoria (Ashley Williams) returned, another legendary love interest from his past will resurface.
Katie Holmes has booked a guest-starring role on the CBS sitcom as Slutty Pumpkin, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by Vulture, Holmes will play the character who first surfaced during Mother’s freshman season: a woman Ted met and lost touch with after a Halloween party.
Co-creator Craig Thomas told the site that the role was “literally six seasons in the making” and that he saved Holmes for “perhaps the most classily named character in our show’s history.”
Holmes’ TV credits include Eli Stone and Dawson’s Creek.
Mother airs Mondays on CBS.
Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Sydney Sweeney Says Two Family Members Turned Off ‘Euphoria’ and “Walked Out” of the Room
‘Dave’ Breakout Tenea Intriago on Playing a Stalker Opposite Brad Pitt and Finding Humanity in Villains
‘Dear Mama’ Director Allen Hughes on Tupac Shakur’s Legacy: “He Lived More in a Day Than Most in a Year”