- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans, prepare to geek out. A key couple from the long dead WB drama is reuniting in primetime.
Green’s role, naturally, puts him in the company of Hannigan’s Lily. He’ll play Daryl LaCoutre, a college classmate who looked at Lily and Marshall (Jason Segel) as his best friends — though they barely remember who he is. They find him 12 years later, still living by the Wesleyan campus, obsessing over a reunion with the married duo.
Hannigan and Green previously played on-screen couple Willow and Oz for roughly three seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer — until Green’s character departed the show and Alyson’s became a lesbian.
This is not the first time How I Met Your Mother has reunited former Buffy co-stars. Alexis Denisof, who played Wesley Wyndam-Pryce on Buffy and spin-off Angel and is Hannigan’s real-life husband, has appeared as daft anchorman Sandy Rivers in eight episodes of the series.
Green’s Robot Chicken was recently renewed for a seventh season by Adult Swim. He is repped by UTA and Koopman Management. His episode of How I Met Your Mother is tentatively scheduled to air Dec. 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day