- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
How I Met Your Mother is bringing back some noteworthy guest stars and characters with the Feb. 4 episode, as the CBS comedy teased in a viral clip released Monday.
Famous Canadians Alan Thicke, James Van Der Beek, Paul Shaffer, Jason Priestley, Alex Trebek, K.D. Lang and Luc Robitaille will appear in the episode “P.S. I Love You,” which, according to the clip, also heralds the return of Robin Sparkles.
The alter ego of Robin Scherbatsky (Cobie Smulders) had a brief cameo on the show this season, though she’s only appeared in three fully-realized montages since her Robin’s musical past was revealed in the 2006 episode “Slap Bet.”
Thicke and Van Der Beek aren’t strangers to How I Met Your Mother, both appearing in previous Robin Sparkles plot twists. Trebek has also appeared as himself. Shaffer, Priestley, Lang and Robitaille are all first-timers on the show.
How I Met Your Mother is expected to officially announced a pickup for a ninth and final season sometime in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day