- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brace yourself. TV’s best-kept secret could be revealed in just a matter of days.
CBS released a new promo for the May 13 season finale of How I Met Your Mother during Thursday’s primetime block, and by all accounts, it seems to imply that the titular mother will finally be revealed.
Says the network’s distinctive voice-over guy: “You’ve waited. You’ve wondered. Now get ready for the mother of all secrets.”
How I Met Your Mother has thrown more than its share of red herrings and curveballs at viewers in the past, but with season nine officially the series’ last, and co-creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays hinting at a new narrative structure when the show returns in the fall, this might be the moment.
It’s already known that the season eight finale takes the action to Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and Robin’s (Cobie Smulders) wedding, seen only in flash-forwards up until now. And that’s also the night where Ted (Josh Radnor) meets his future wife, as has been hinted for several years and coyishly shown in the recent season premiere.
Is it finally happening? Watch the clip above and judge for yourself.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day