- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wayne Brady is returning from a long How I Met Your Mother hiatus.
The actor, who last appeared as Barney’s (Neil Patrick Harris) brother, James, in a 2011 episode, is set for multiple appearances during the CBS comedy’s final season. A rep for studio Twentieth Century Fox TV confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Brady will be returning in a recurring capacity.
The Let’s Make a Deal host leaked the not-too-surprising news on Monday night when he tweeted about his first fitting of the new season. As producers have already let slip, How I Met Your Mother‘s final run will take place over one long wedding weekend. James will likely be a key figure in the festivities, since it’s his brother who’s tying the knot.
Brady has appeared in a total of five episodes of How I Met Your Mother, playing the other son to Frances Conroy‘s Loretta Stinson.
Other details on the final season of How I Met Your Mother, the first to feature the mother (played by Cristin Milioti), have been kept under wraps — but the entire cast, co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and director/executive producer Pamela Fryman will all be appearing at Comic-Con next week in San Diego.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day