- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
How Met Your Mother wrapped up its nine-year run Monday, and star Cobie Smulders dropped by the Late Show With David Letterman to discuss the years-in-the-making series finale.
Though the finale aired earlier in the evening, Smulders remained coy when David Letterman asked point-blank how the CBS comedy ended, only saying that “it really wraps it all up.” The final episode saw Ted (Josh Radnor) and the Mother (Cristin Milioti) finally meeting at the wedding of Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and Robin (Smulders). Smulders said that the time jumps “into the future” allowed viewers to “see these characters and their relationships 20 years in the future and see what they ended up doing.”
The actress praised co-creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, who were writers on the Late Show, for planning the end “during our pilot.” “It’s kind of amazing that it’s been nine years, and it’s come full circle and they’ve been allowed to see their vision through,” she said.
Smulders also stars in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which hits theaters Friday.
Watch a preview of the interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day