- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu has released the first full trailer for Justin Simien’s Sundance horror Bad Hair, which offers a look at racist beauty norms while playing against a chilling rendition to Bell Biv DeVoe’s “Poison.”
In Simien’s followup to Dear White People, the satirical thriller follows an ambitious ’80s music TV staffer named Anna (Elle Lorraine) who gets a fabulous weave in order to succeed in an image-obsessed world of music television. Despite her new and accepted look sparking a flourishing career, Anna soon learns the horrifying cost of her new hair, which takes on a life of its own.
Bad Hair, which stars Lorraine, Jay Pharoah, Lena Waithe and Kelly Rowland, is written by Simien. The film is produced by Simien, Julia Lebedev, Angel Lopez, and Eddie Vaisman. Leonid Lebedev, Oren Moverman, and Alex G. Scott exec produce.
The film hits the streamer on Oct. 23, just in time for a Halloween viewing. Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day