- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu is creating a new executive post.
The streamer has added a head of talent and casting role at the company and has hired Emmy-winning casting director Barbara Fiorentino to fill the position. In the new gig, she will report to vp originals Beatrice Springborn.
The role will see Fiorentino head up casting for all Hulu original projects, working closely with external creative partners on key talent searches for upcoming and current original series. She also will lead Hulu in growing its business with the industry’s top actors, identifying new and emerging talent and expanding the diversity and inclusivity of its casting.
Fiorentino also brings her associate Terese Classen with her, and the pair started their new roles Monday at Hulu’s Santa Monica office. Having owned her own casting company since 1999, Fiorentino brings an extensive knowledge of the talent marketplace.
Fiorentino is credited with working on a number of popular television shows including 13 Reasons Why, UnREAL and Blindspot, in addition to being a consultant for Imagine Television on Hulu’s upcoming series Wu-Tang: An American Saga, which is set to premiere this fall.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
William Jackson Harper