- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The deal with Lionsgate will see the third season of Power come to Hulu later this year, as will future seasons of the drama. Additionally, all seasons of Power will remain on the Starz channels and services.
The New York-set drama, which is performing especially well with African-American audiences, just saw its third season deliver eight million multi-platform viewers per episode, and will return with a fourth season premiere on June 25 on Starz. The Power cast is led by Omari Hardwick, Joseph Sikora, Naturi Naughton and Lela Loren.
The licensing deal was unveiled by Lisa Holme, Hulu’s head of content acquisition, and Lionsgate president of worldwide television and digital distribution Jim Packer. Kemp recently signed a new overall deal with Lionsgate and Starz.
Executive producers of Power include Jackson, Mark Canton, Randall Emmett and Gary Lennon. Power is produced by G-Unit Films and Television, the production company launched by Jackson.
The deal was negotiated for Lionsgate by executive vp worldwide SVOD Agapy Kapouranis.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day