- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu is making good on its vow to push into original content.
The 10-episode series, from Warner Bros. Television Group’s Studio 2.0, revolves around a hopeless male matchmaker who has little to no affection for women but is determined to help them find a soul mate.
Bartholomew (whose credits include episodes of Mad Men, Eastwick and ER) will star as Paul in the series, set to launch Monday, Feb. 13 exclusively on Hulu. Guests slated to pop up on Matchmaker include Janeane Garofalo, House’s Lisa Edelstein, Arrested Development’s Tony Hale, True Blood’s Sam Trammell and Jonathan Silverman, among others.
The announcement comes two weeks after Hulu announced plans for its first original scripted entry with Battleground, a drama series set in the world of political campaigns from 500 Days of Summer‘s Marc Webb and actor-turned-director JD Walsh.
“We’ve developed a lot of relationships with great content owners and we see stories that aren’t getting told because they haven’t found a home for whatever reason,” Hulu senior vice president of content Andy Forssell told The Hollywood Reporter of his inspiration for original content.
Watch the trailer on Hulu.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day