- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu is going back to school.
The streaming company has renewed East Los High for a fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The half-hour drama will return with 12 new episodes in 2016. The series, set in East Los Angeles, has earned acclaim for its realistic portrayal of inner-city Latino high school students.
East Los High is the first English-language series with an all-Latino cast, creators and writers and also the first Hulu original series to receive a fourth season.
Created by Carlos Portugal and Kathleen Bedoya, East Los High is executive produced by Katie Elmore Mota, Carlos Portugal, Mauricio Mota, and Bedoya and co-executive-produced by Carlos Reza and Troy Combs. The series hails from Wise Entertainment.
The project is part of Hulu’s rapidly growing portfolio of original series, including the latest season of The Mindy Project, Golden Globe nominee Casual, animated comedy The Awesomes and Billy Eichner’s Difficult People. Upcoming original series include Stephen King and J.J. Abrams’ 11/22/63 and Jason Katims‘ The Path.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day