- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu has picked up exclusive U.S. streaming VOD rights to the first two seasons of British family show Mr. Bean: The Animated Series, voiced by Rowan Atkinson and based on his hugely successful live-action TV and film character.
Endemol Shine announced the deal on Monday.
Developed by the U.K. production arm Tiger Aspect Productions, which is owned by Endemol Shine, the series has already been licensed in more than 70 territories since it debuted on ITV.
“Mr. Bean: The Animated Series 1 & 2 truly capture the essence of the wonderful Mr. Bean,” said Cathy Payne, CEO of Endemol Shine International.
Having first been introduced on British TV in 1990, Atkinson’s Mr. Bean has emerged as one of the U.K.’s most enduring and exportable characters, shown in more than 190 countries and having sold more than 35 million videos and DVDs.
The character is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day