- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In addition to Austin Abrams, who’s playing the lead role in the show based on Bret Easton Ellis’ novel and the 1987 movie, the Fox 21 production has cast five young actors in regular roles.
Lily Donoghue (The Goldbergs, Halt and Catch Fire) will play Blair, Clay’s (Abrams) ex-girlfriend who hopes to restart their relationship when Clay comes home from college on the East Coast during winter break. Jami Gertz played the part in the movie.
Cooper Koch will play Julian, Clay’s best friend who’s at loose ends after deciding not to attend college (Robert Downey Jr. had the role in the movie). Keenan Jolliff (The Americans, Daredevil) is Rip, Clay’s drug dealer, who was played by James Spader in the film.
Ronen Rubinstein (Freeform’s Dead of Summer) and James Bloor (Dunkirk) round out the cast as, respectively UCLA student/model Trent and Daniel, a college classmate of Clay.
Craig Wright (Greenleaf, Tyrant) wrote the pilot and is executive producing with Ellis. Brett Morgan directed the pilot, which shot in June and July in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day